- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups of milk or yogurt (I used milk and am only
- assuming that the yogurt will work as well)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 medium apples, peeled and coarsely grated (I used yellow
- delicious, but will use a more tart variety next time)
- Extra flavorings (vanilla flavoring, cinnamon)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting (not needed, but yummy)
- Mix the eggs with the milk or yogurt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and stir in the apples and whatever other flavorings you see fit.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over low to medium heat.
- Drop large spoonful of batter into the pan and flatten it out a little (otherwise, you might have trouble getting them to cook in the center) and cook until golden brown underneath.
- Flip the pancakes and cook them for an additional two or three minutes.
- Either dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately, or keep on a tray in a warmed oven until you are ready to serve them.
Recipe found on Smitten Kitchen