As a Shareholder in the Corbin Hill Farm Share, I will:
- Pick up my share each week on the day and time specified for my site. Our Summer Share distributions take place each week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (days vary by site). Our Winter Share distributions take place on the second Tuesday of each month. For our most updated list of sites and times, see here.
- Bring my own bag to pick up my produce. Mother Nature thanks you!
- Understand that my share will vary over the course of the season, and there is no guarantee on the exact composition, weight or amount of contents of each share. Corbin Hill Farm Shareholders share in both the rewards of a good growing season and the challenges our farmers face (poor weather, drought, crop disease, and so on). We work with farmers who use sustainable growing practices to protect the harvest, minimize the risks, and optimize the rewards, but there are some elements of Mother Nature beyond our control.
- Pay for my share in advance. The farmers who grow our vegetables and fruit need our “pick count” (how much of what to pick) well in advance of each week’s deliveries. Since we need to know the number of Shareholders to include in this count, the deadline for paying for each upcoming delivery is one week before you want to receive it. If we do not receive your payment by deadline, we will assume you do not want a share and put your account on “vacation” until your next payment is made. In other words – if you don’t pay, we don’t pick!
- Notify Corbin Hill if I would like to place my share on “vacation” and/or resume delivery. You have the option of placing your share on “vacation” if you are out of town, on vacation, or for whatever reason cannot make pick-up. Members are not charged or may receive credits for “vacation” weeks as long as they notify us by one week in advance of the delivery they’re placing on “vacation.” See “Placing Shares On ‘Vacation’” below for additional details.
- Arrange for someone else to pick up my share if I cannot. All produce left over from each of our distribution sites is donated to nearby food pantries or nonprofits. Please see the list of our sites and their designated donation locations here. Should you ever not be able to pick up your share, please know that it has gone to someone in need.
Methods of Payment Accepted:
- Two payment plans are available:
- Per-Delivery: Weekly (Summer) or Monthly (Winter)
- We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check — PAYABLE TO “CORBIN HILL”
- Debit/credit card — ONLINE ONLY
- Automatic billing is available for those on Weekly (Summer) or Monthly (Winter) payment plans. If you sign up for automatic billing, your card will be charged for one week’s worth of your share(s) when you first enroll. The day after you pick up the first week of your share(s), your card will be charged again for the following delivery.
- SNAP (food stamps)
- Shareholders who choose to pay with SNAP need to choose the Weekly (Summer) or Monthly (Winter) payment option.
- According to government regulations, we can accept SNAP/food stamps as payment as early as two weeks before your upcoming delivery.
- If you are already enrolled in the current season, please bring your SNAP card with you to your distribution site during pick-up hours to make your payment for your next delivery. If you have not yet joined, please see our “Money Match” page to apply for a reduced-price “Money Match” share.
- When grant funding becomes available, SNAP payers are eligible for a reduced-price “Money Match.” To learn more about this program, please see here. In Winter 2014-2015, all SNAP payers are eligible for a reduced-price “Money Match.”
Changing Delivery Locations:
- You can switch your delivery to a different Corbin Hill location at any point during the season. Please notify us one week in advance of the delivery for which you would like the change to be made.
- Some of our pick-up sites are listed as “waitlisted.” If you would like, you can enroll at an active site now as well as sign up for the pending site’s waitlist; just select both the waitlisted site and the active site while enrolling and then we will transfer you once the waitlisted site opens its doors. If you prefer to wait for the waitlisted site to open before joining, send us an email and we can add you to the waitlist that way.
Changing Share Size & Extra Share Options:
- You can change the size of your produce share size at any point during the season. Please notify us one week in advance of the delivery for which you would like the change to take place.
- If upgrading your share from Medium to Large, you will need to pay the difference between your old and new share size prior to your next delivery.
- If downgrading your share from Large to Medium, we will apply the difference between your old and new share size to your account.
- Extra shares (i.e., Fruit Shares, Egg Shares, Bean Shares, Bread Shares, Dairy Shares) may only be purchased along with the purchase of a produce share.
- Extra Shares are purchased as a “share,” and come weekly along with your produce share.
- You may add or cancel an extra share at any point in the season. If adding a new extra share, you will need to pay the additional cost prior to the next delivery. If canceling an extra share paid for in advance, you have the option of getting a refund, rolling extra funds over to a following season, and/or donating to a fund that supports our reduced-price “Money Match” program.
- Extra shares may only be put on “vacation” if your produce share and/or other extra share(s) are also put on “vacation.”
- Purchase of our Thanksgiving turkeys and Winter lambs is open to Shareholders and non-Shareholders alike. If you have a friend who would like one, contact us at email@example.com or 718-578-3610.
Placing Shares On “Vacation”:
- You can place your share on “vacation” during any point in the season. “Vacations” can be for any length of time (one week, two weeks, one month, etc.). Please notify us one week in advance of the delivery you’re placing on “vacation.”
- When on “vacation,” your account will not be charged. For Shareholders who pay by the week (Summer) or month (Winter), this means that the funds that you had in your account when you began your vacation will be there when you get back. (Please note: If you are on the autobilling plan, your card will be charged, but it will be charged for the share you are due to receive once you return from “vacation.”) For Shareholders who have paid for the season in full, this means you will have credit remaining in your account at the end of the season. See “Credits/Refunds” below for additional details.
- All portions of your share must be placed on “vacation” at the same time. Shareholders who have purchased both a produce share and an extra share (i.e., Egg Share, Fruit Share, Bean Share, Bread Share, Dairy Share) can suspend their shares together and resume their shares together, but shares may not be suspended and resumed separately.
- We will continue to deliver a share for you, and thus charge your account, if you have paid and did not notify us of your “vacation.” All produce left over from each of our distribution sites is donated to nearby food pantries or nonprofits. Please see the list of our sites and their designated donation locations here. Should you ever not be able to pick up your share, please know that it has gone to someone in need.
- You can monitor the amount of funds in your account by logging into your account here or by clicking on the chalkboard image at the top of this page. Once logged in, look for the gray box marked “Balance.” The amount you see there is the balance of the funds remaining in your account, not a statement of what is owed.
- Late on the night after a delivery, the price of the share(s) you received earlier that day will be deducted from your overall account funds. If your share was on “vacation” that delivery day, the online system will not log a delivery and will not deduct any funds.
- If you are on the Weekly (Summer) or Monthly (Winter) payment plan and enrolled in automatic billing, the online system will charge your debit/credit card at that same time for the following delivery. If you have placed your account on “vacation,” your card will be charged, but it will be charged for the share you are due to receive once you return from “vacation.”
- For those who have put their account on “vacation”: At the end of the season, Shareholders who have credits remaining in their account have the option of getting a refund, rolling extra funds over to a following season, and/or donating to a fund that supports our reduced-price “Money Match” program. For more information about credits, see “Placing Shares On ‘Vacation’” above. For more information about “Money Match,” please see here.
- For those cancelling their share: If you paid for your share with a debit/credit card, we will refund the amount of your credits to that debit/credit card as long we last received a payment from you on that debit/credit card within the past 90 days; if it has been longer than 90 days since you last made a debit/credit payment, we can issue your refund via check. If you paid for your share with cash or check, we will issue your refund via check. Refunds to debit/credit cards will take 2-3 business days and refunds by check will take 2-3 weeks.
Please speak with the Community Organizer at your site or contact our office directly.
Corbin Hill Food Project
119 West 120th Street (between Malcolm X & Adam Clayton Powell boulevards)
New York, NY 10027
646-793-0032 (Washington Heights & the Bronx)
718-578-3610 (Elsewhere in NYC)
10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, and until 7:30 p.m. on delivery days.
We are a very small staff, but should you call or send an email during these times, we guarantee that you will receive a friendly, and timely, response. Please contact us before stopping by to make sure that one of us is there to greet you when you come.