As a Shareholder in the Corbin Hill Farm Share, I will:
- Pick up my Share every Tuesday at the time specified for my site. Our Summer Share distributions take place each week on Tuesdays, from June 18 to November 19. For our detailed list of sites and times, see here.
- Bring my own bag to pick up my produce. Mother Nature thanks you!
- Understand that my Share will vary over the course of the season, and there is no guarantee on the exact composition, weight or amount of contents of each Share. Corbin Hill Farm Shareholders share in both the rewards of a good growing season and the challenges our farmers face (poor weather, drought, crop disease, and so on). We work with farmers who use sustainable growing practices to protect the harvest, minimize the risks, and optimize the rewards, but there are some elements of Mother Nature beyond our control.
- Pay for my Share in advance. The farmers who grow our vegetables and fruit need our “pick count” (how much of what to pick) well in advance of each Tuesday’s delivery. Since we need to know the number of Shareholders to include in this count, the deadline for paying for each Tuesday delivery is the Tuesday before you want to receive it (one week in advance). If we do not receive your payment by then, we will assume you do not want a Share and put your account on “vacation” until your next payment is made. In other words – if you don’t pay, we don’t pick!
- Notify Corbin Hill if I would like to place my Share on “vacation” and/or resume delivery. You have the option of placing your Share on “vacation” if you are out of town, on vacation, or for whatever reason cannot make pick-up. Members are not charged or may receive credits for “vacation” weeks as long as they notify us by the Tuesday before the Tuesday that the “vacation” begins (one week in advance of delivery). See “Placing Shares On ‘Vacation’” below for additional details.
- Arrange for someone else to pick up my Share if I cannot. All produce left over from each of our distribution sites is donated to nearby food pantries or nonprofits. Please see the list of our sites and their designated donation locations here. Should you ever not be able to pick up your Share, please know that it has gone to someone in need.
Methods of Payment Accepted:
- Two payment plans are available:
- We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check — PAYABLE TO “CORBIN HILL”
- Debit/credit card — ONLINE ONLY
- Automatic billing is available for those on Weekly payment plans. If you sign up for automatic billing, your card will be charged for one week’s worth of your Share(s) when you first enroll. The day after you pick up the first week of your Share(s), your card will be charged again for the following week.
- SNAP (food stamps)
- Shareholders who choose to pay with SNAP need to choose the “Weekly” payment option.
- Due to federal regulations, SNAP cannot be used for a Shareholder’s first payment. However, we are able to accept cash, check and debit/credit card.
- We are able to process SNAP payments only in person, not online or over the phone. Please bring your SNAP card with you to your distribution site to make payments. The person whose name is on the SNAP card must be present.
- SNAP vouchers can only process a maximum of $40 at a time.
- When grant funding becomes available, SNAP payers are eligible for a reduced-price “Money Match.” To learn more about this program, please see here.
Changing Delivery Locations:
- You can switch your delivery to a different Corbin Hill location at any point during the season. Please notify us by the Tuesday before the Tuesday that you would like the change to be made (one week in advance).
- Some of our pick-up sites are listed as “waitlisted.” These sites will be opened as soon as the minimum number of Shareholders is met. If you would like to enroll for an active site and then be notified once a waitlisted site opens, please contact us with the name of your preferred location at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-578-3610. We will notify you as soon as the waitlisted site begins.
Changing Share Size & Extra Share Options:
- You can change the size of your produce Share size at any point during the season. Please notify us by the Tuesday before the Tuesday that you would like your delivery to change (one week in advance).
- If upgrading your Share from Medium to Large, you will need to pay the difference between your old and new Share size prior to your next delivery.
- If downgrading your Share from Large to Medium, we will apply the difference between your old and new Share size to your account.
- Extra Shares (i.e., Fruit Shares or Egg Shares) may only be purchased along with the purchase of a produce Share.
- Extra Shares are purchased as a “Share,” and come weekly along with your produce Share.
- You may add or cancel an Extra Share at any point in the season. If adding a new Extra Share, you will need to pay the additional cost prior to the next delivery. If canceling an Extra Share paid for in advance, you have the option of getting a refund, rolling extra funds over to a following season, and/or donating to a fund that supports our reduced-price “Money Match” program.
- Extra Shares may only be put on “vacation” if your produce Share and/or other Extra Share(s) are also put on “vacation.”
- Purchase of our Thanksgiving turkeys is open to Shareholders and non-Shareholders alike. If you have a friend who would like one, contact us at email@example.com or 718-578-3610.
Placing Shares On “Vacation”:
- You can place your Share on “vacation” during any point in the season. “Vacations” can be for any length of time (one week, two weeks, one month, etc.). Please notify us by the Tuesday before the Tuesday that you would like the “vacation” to begin (one week in advance).
- When on “vacation,” your account will not be charged. For Shareholders who pay by the week, this means that the funds that you had in your account when you began your vacation will be there when you get back. For Shareholders who have paid for the season in full, this means you will have credit remaining in your account at the end of the season. See “Credits/Refunds” below for additional details.
- All portions of your Share must be placed on “vacation” at the same time. Shareholders who have purchased both a produce Share and an Extra Share (i.e., Egg Share or Fruit Share) can suspend their Shares together and resume their Shares together, but Shares may not be suspended and resumed separately.
- We will continue to deliver a Share for you, and thus charge your account, if you have paid and did not notify us of your “vacation.” All produce left over from each of our distribution sites is donated to nearby food pantries or nonprofits. Please see the list of our sites and their designated donation locations here. Should you ever not be able to pick up your Share, please know that it has gone to someone in need.
- You can monitor the amount of funds in your account by logging into your account here or by clicking on the chalkboard image at the top of this page. Once logged in, look for the gray box marked “Balance.” The amount you see there is the balance of the funds remaining in your account, not a statement of what is owed.
- Late on the Tuesday night (or very early on the Wednesday morning) after a delivery, the price of the Share(s) you received earlier that day will be deducted from your overall account funds. If your Share was on “vacation” that Tuesday, the online system will not log a delivery and will not deduct any funds.
- If you are on the Weekly payment plan and enrolled in automatic billing, the online system will charge your debit/credit card at that same time (late Tuesday/early Wednesday) for the following Tuesday’s delivery. If you have notified us in advance to put your Share on “vacation” for that following Tuesday, your account will not be charged.
- For those who have put their account on “vacation”: At the end of the season, Shareholders who have credits remaining in their account have the option of getting a refund, rolling extra funds over to a following season, and/or donating to a fund that supports our reduced-price “Money Match” program. For more information about credits, see “Placing Shares On ‘Vacation’” above. For more information about “Money Match,” please see here.
- For those cancelling their Share: Refunds will be issued back to your debit/credit card (for those on automatic billing), or you will be issued a check for the amount you are owed. Refunds will be issued within one week of cancellation.
Please speak with the Community Organizer at your site or contact our office directly.
Corbin Hill Food Project
119 West 120th Street (between Malcolm X & Adam Clayton Powell boulevards)
New York, NY 10027
10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, and until 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays.
We are a very small staff, but should you call or send an email during these times, we guarantee that you will receive a friendly, and timely, response. Please contact us before stopping by to make sure that one of us is there to greet you when you come.